These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Green Chile Rice Casserole
From Stones River Market
<p>This recipe came from Maura White when purchasing their roasted New Mexican chiles.</p>Source: Maura White - Double Bar Star Farm (Entered by John Erdmann)
Serves: Serves four
Step by Step Instructions
- Cook rice according to package directions. Mix chopped onion and green chiles with sour cream.
- Spread some fo the rice in a buttered casserole dish, salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spread a layer of sour cream mixture, then a layer of Monterrey Jack cheese (grated or sliced) and repeat process ending with sour cream mixture on top.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and a few chopped green onions on top.
- Heat in microwave or bake until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with picante sauce.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings