These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>A flavorful sauce made from peppers & eggplant. You can also add some cayenne peppers into the mix if you want a bit more spice! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: www.chilipeppermadness.com (modified slightly) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
2 pounds Bell peppers (preferably red)
Some Cayenne peppers for more spice (if desired)
1 Medium sized Eggplant
4 cloves Garlic (chopped)
1/4 cup Olive oil
1 tablespoon White wine vingegar
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
1 teaspoon Chili flakes (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat a grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grates. Poke several holes in the skin of the eggplant with a fork. Set the eggplant and the peppers onto the grill. Grill them for 30 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- Remove the eggplant & peppers from the grill and set them in a bowl. Cover them with a towel and let them steam.
- Once they have cooled, peel off the pepper skins and discard them. Scoop out the eggplant and discard the skin & stem.
- Place the peppers, eggplant, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, chili flakes, salt, and pepper into a food processor and blend until your desired consistency is reached.
- Pour the eggplant mixture into a pan and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Add further salt & pepper to taste.
- Use as a sauce for the dishes of your choice.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings