These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Healthy Breakfast Frittata
From Monroe Farm Market
<p>A wonderful hearty meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Serve with a salad and impress your guests.</p>Source: www.whfoods.org (Entered by Monroe Farm Market)
Step by Step Instructions
- Mince onion and chop garlic let them sit for 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting benefits.
- Preheat broiler on low.
- Heat 1 TBS olive oil in a 9-10 inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onion over medium heat, for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic, ground beef or sausage, and cook for another 3 minutes on medium heat, breaking up clumps.
- Add kale and 2 TBS water. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook covered for about 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and mix.
- Beat eggs, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and pour on top of mixture evenly. Cook on low for another 2 minutes without stirring.
- Place skillet under broiler in middle of oven, about 7 inches from the heat source so it has time to cook without the top burning. As soon as the eggs are firm, it is done, about 2-3 minutes.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings