These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Butternut Squash Parmesan Gratin
<p>This recipe can be prepared through step 4 and frozen for later use.</p>Source: foodnetwork.com (Entered by Closed Account)
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat oven to 375 F. Spray 13x9 inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Peel, halve lengthwise and seed squash, cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices. Arrange with slices overlapping slightly in bottom of baking dish.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Add garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is soft and butter is infused with garlic flavor. Do no let butter brown.
- In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese and 1 tablespoon of the butter garlic mixture.
- Brush squash slices with remaining butter-garlic mixture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and bread crumb mixture.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes or until squash is tender when pierced with fork. Increase oven temperature to 425 F; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Before serving, sprinkle parsley over top.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings