These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
<p>Here’s a creative way to use up those pesky zucchini and summer squash and get the taste of local apples in the summertime!</p>Source: Adapted from: Serving up the Harvest (Andrea Chesman) (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Serves: 18 muffins
Step by Step Instructions
- Combine zucchini and lemon juice in saucepan, bring to boil over medium. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 10 min. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20min until slightly thickened. Let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven 350F. Grease or line 18 muffin cups.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and soda, salt and nutmeg in bowl.
- Beat together margarine and white sugar in separate large bowl. Add egg-replacer/flax seed and beat.
- Beat in flour mixture alternating with soymilk until smooth. Stir in the zapplesauce just until evenly distributed.
- Fill muffin cups with very stiff batter. Bake 25-30min until risen and toothpick/knife comes out clean. Cool and serve.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings