These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Braised Goat Chops
From Monroe Farm Market
<p>This is probably our favorite way to prepare goat loin and rib chops. We started with our favorite asian salad dressing, use it as the marinade and braise liquid. Please keep in mind, with any goat meat, as it is naturally very lean, you must be careful not to overcook it. The meat is ready when it still shows just a touch of pink.</p>Source: Cedar Dawn Farm (Entered by Rachel Moran)
Step by Step Instructions
- combine all marinade ingredients
- place chops and 1 cup marinade in bowl; toss chops to coat completely
- cover and refrigerate for 2hrs. or more as desired.
- remove chops from marinade
- braise chops in remaining marinade in skillet over medium-low heat
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings